I love being an IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant). I'm so proud of the work that I do, and I really believe it makes a difference in the lives of the parents that I work with. One of my favorite things about this work is that I get so many good questions from our clients, and also from just random people who are curious about what I do. Seriously, if I'm at the grocery store in Harwich wearing my Rising Tide Women T-shirt, I get stopped and asked questions. If you know me, you know I'm a talker, so I'm always happy to chat about babies and breasts and birth and postpartum support.
Some of the breastfeeding questions I get asked the most are:
- How do I know if my baby is drinking enough milk?
- Should I still breastfeed if I'm sick?
- How can I increase my milk supply?
- My baby is cluster feeding! Is that normal?!
- What do I need to do to prepare for breastfeeding when my baby is born?
So if you check out the video below, I'll answer all those questions for you!